As a work-at-home mom with a part-time nanny for Poopy Bear, my hours are flexible and I usually tailor them so that I can spend as much time with her. Needless to say, it is a constant balancing act. Today, I wanted to go to the gym but that meant that I had to push a few things around, leaving me feeling a tad bit overwhelmed.
It just seems that no matter how hard I try, there are just some things that will never get off my to-do list!
1. Taking Furry Bear for more walks. Before Poopy Bear was born, Furry Bear was my walking, running and hiking buddy. We took 3 walks a day, rain or snow! Now, he’s had to make do with running around in our yard and tagging along when we go jogging or hiking.
2. Decorating. We bought our house a year ago…when I was seven and half months pregnant (more on this another day, seriously!) So between unpacking, cleaning, giving birth and adjusting to parenthood for the last 9 months, we haven’t had much time for making things fancy. We’ve tried and we’ve done a few things, and I do believe our house looks good, but being the artistic person I am, I would have liked to do more. So what that the blinds don’t match the rug…!?
3. Unpacking. So, I know that I said that we unpacked…but we never got around to all of it because, well…LIFE! My attic doubles as my home office and storage for things we haven’t unpacked (and probably wont).
4. Getting a haircut. I’m all for the principle of taking care of yourself before you can take care of others. So, I make sure to exercise, eat well and get some rest, but I just can’t seem to fit all the other cosmetic things in the picture anymore. My hair has been last on the list for a while…thank God for hair scarves and wraps.
5. Reading more. I used to read a book a week, a long time ago. Now I’m lucky to get through a couple a year. I recently signed up for audiobooks, thinking that would make the task easier…sigh.
What tasks have been sitting on your to-do list since you became a parent?